After restoring the mine and excavating various ores, foundries are needed to make ingots for various uses, such as to upgrade factories/trains/islands at the Academy of Industry or purchase decorations.
You can also purchase ore from the dealer at the city market to smelt in the foundries.
You can build a maximum of 3 foundries
|Foundry Number||Level required|
|3||45||4 950||15 000||623xp||1d12h|
- Unlike factories, the foundry can only make 1 ingot at a time and cannot be upgraded.
- However, the Efficient Smelting booster reduces smelting time by 50%. To make use of the booster, have plenty of ores to use the foundries over 2 days.
- If you have 5 of any ore in the warehouse you can create 1 ingot. Drag out the ingot you'd like to produce at the bottom. After the producing time, tap the foundry worker to collect it.
- If you don't have enough ores the number is shown in red meaning you have to buy or excavate more ores in the mine.
All ingots are unlocked at level 21.
|Bronze Ingot||5||96 coins||41xp||1h||30m|
|Silver Ingot||5||144 coins||62xp||2h||1h|
|Gold Ingot||5||204 coins||87xp||3h||1h30m|
|Platinum Ingot||5||300 coins||129xp||4h||2h|
- Upgrade factories in the Academy of Industry to make them more efficient, obtain extra shelves, and earn more coins/xp for filling orders with goods.
- Upgrade trains and ships to reduce travel time by up to 50%.
- Sending off ships with ingots increases the chance of obtaining rarer goods and treasure chests.
- Building the Academy of Industry.
- Completing the Classic Car Collection decoration.
- Completing the Spaceport decoration.
- Exchange ingots (and jewelry) with cash at the helicopter pad. (More info)
Note: Using ingots for ships in the beginning is not recommended because upgrades are more important. If you are at a much higher level with many upgrades then it's your choice where to use ingots.
History - Removed Functions
- You can build a maximum of 3 foundries since Township update v4.3.0.
- Producing certain goods which are now be produced by ores instead. (removed v4.7.0)
- Purchasing certain decorations in the market which are now be purchased with gems only. (removed v6.3.5)
- Producing coins at the Mint. (removed v6.4.0)
|Special Building Navigation|
|Academy of Industry | Barn | City Market | Event Center | Foundry | House of Luck | Laboratory | Mine | Museum | Ships ||
Tool Exchange | Town Hall | Co-op | Regatta | Race of Champions | Yacht Club | Mint (discontinued)