- 1 Train Information
- 2 Train Station
- 3 Train Return Time & Upgrades
- 4 Train Rewards
- 5 Obtaining Building Materials
- 6 Load Coupons
- 7 Train Tips for Materials
- 8 Upgrading Train
At level 5 your first train will arrive at the Train Station. There is a total of 3 trains available. Train 2 and 3 will arrive when you reach the required level and purchase them with coins. Trains may have between 3 and 5 rail cars when they arrive or when they are ready for loading. The time for each train to return increases as you level up or decreases when you upgrade the three (3) individual train line at the Academy of Industry. Starting on level 7, you can ask for help so that other players may fill one of the train rail cars for each train.
|Train Nº||Town Level||Cost|
You can can see how long the train will take to return and change skins by tapping a train's engine.
Using Township Cash for Trains
It is not recommended to use T-cash to fill rail cars because it is costly if you are missing a lot of the items. It is better to spend the T-cash speeding up the production of items in factories than to use cash to fill rail cars directly.
Instead, you can also spend up to 9 T-cash to return trains immediately, which is less expensive. You can speed up trains to complete Regatta tasks sooner and to get construction materials if you are a few short. The cost is less when the travel time is lower as shown on the Speed Up page.
You can see more information on the Skins page. To change a train station skin, tap on the top-left button in the train station or tap the train engine and choose "change skin".
Train Return Time & Upgrades
The max travel time for trains is 5 hours, but it can be reduced with upgrades at the Academy of Industry.
- Trains are upgraded separately, and it is recommended that you upgrade them to level 21 as soon as possible.
- At level 21, train travel times are reduced by 50% and take between 2h7m to 2h30m to return.
- Try to keep train levels similar. If your 1st train is at level 10 then keep the others at level 10 as well. It is easier if trains have similar travel times, so they return around the same time.
|Train Level||Time Reduced||Least Time||Most Time|
Send trains loaded with goods to return with rewards. You will gain XP for loading goods, but no coins. Trains bring materials for community buildings, materials to upgrade your barn, tools for land expansions, unlocking islands, and tools for digging in the mine.
|For Buildings||For Expansions||For the Barn||Mining Tools|
Obtaining Building Materials
There are many ways to obtain more building materials:
- Sending trains loaded with goods.
- Complete Zoo tasks.
- Sending fully-loaded airplanes. The mystery chest rewards random material(s).
- Sending off ships with ingots has a chance to bring back chests that give random rewards.
- Opening the daily treasure chest found in the islands gives a random reward.
- Opening chests at the House of Luck gives random rewards.
- Treasure chests found in the mine give random rewards.
- Participating in weekly Regatta and events for random rewards.
- Opening hot air balloons in Townships. Your first balloon of the day is free, and subsequently they cost 3 Tcash to open. The balloon cycle resets at 3 a.m. EST.
- Cash chests in the mine offer random rewards, but cost 3 Tcash to open.
- Special crates with discounted tools and materials for Tcash often appear in the City Market.
- You can always use Tcash to buy any remaining materials you need if you do not want to collect them in other ways.
Load Coupons are occasionally offered as event rewards. With a load coupon you can fill any train rail car, plane crate or zoo order, including those of friends who needs help. The option will appear as long as you have load coupons available.
The Helping Hands Perk may be available (during the Professor Verne/Gold Pass or Season Adventure/Golden Ticket events) where you can pay 1 T-cash to help friends without using your own goods.
|Using a Load Coupon for a Train Rail Car||Helping Hands Perk|
Pay 1 T-cash to help friends
during an event
Train Tips for Materials
The trains follow an algorithm for bringing back random materials. More common materials like glass/bricks/slabs arrive more frequently than rare materials like barn tools. Sometimes the algorithm can perform poorly which results in you receiving the wrong materials. There are things you can do to help prevent/fix this problem.
If you have started multiple buildings, keeping the largest amount of materials near the maximum of the building needing the most of slabs/bricks/glass. For example, you started the Organ Hall, Donut Shop, Race Track buildings, Peacock and Tiger enclosures. You should keep your maximum materials near 34 slabs (peacock enclosure), 36 glass (organ hall) and 25 bricks (donut shop).
Have Only One Incomplete Building at a Time
Building more than one community building/zoo enclosure at a time can confuse the train algorithm. Therefore, it is recommended to only have one community building or zoo enclosure waiting for required materials. Houses and factories are not a problem because they do not require construction materials. If you already have more than one built, then try to finish one at a time until they are all done before building another.
Sell Excess Materials
Having too many of 1 type of material can result in getting too many of the same material. It is best to sell materials if you have too many of one type. Find the lowest amount needed to finish a community building or barn upgrade and sell the excess materials/tools down to 1 below what is required to complete the building or upgrade. Avoid selling barn upgrade materials as they are more rare.
Example: You have 70 glass, 20 bricks, and 20 slabs, and you need 40 glass, 40 bricks and 40 slabs to finish the lowest level community building.
Sell glass down to 39 (1 below the required amount), so bricks and slabs will come more often on trains. The train has better odds of bringing you what you need when all materials/tools are below the required amount for completing a building or upgrade. Keep repeating this until you have 39-40 bricks, slabs and glass, and hopefully the next train will bring the remaining 1-3 items to complete your building!
The benefits of upgrading the trains
- Reduce return time and gain more experience from filling carts
- Maximum upgrade - Level:31, Time -50% (level 21), Experience:100%
- Upgrade trains to level 21 to reduce time by 50% to get more materials/tools faster, and help to complete and upgrade your barn/buildings/town faster and easier.
- See the Academy of Industry for additional details on upgrades.
- Obtain a Train Coupon during an event. This coupon is for a free upgrade of any train line.
|Is something missing? Noticed a mistake? You are welcome to comment and edit pages.|
You can visit the Community Portal to learn how to contribute. Your help is appreciated!
|Airport | Combined Crate Quantities | Characters | Helicopter | Ships | Skins | Train|